About the Accountant position:
This position prepares interim and annual financial reports and tax returns for endowment funds, supporting foundations and trusts as well as assists in the daily operation and internal control of the accounting department.
- Prepares periodic financial reports for endowment funds, charitable trusts and supporting foundations, including, for example, reports for presentation to foundation trustees, or internal financials for inclusion in quarterly reports required by banks
- Prepares schedules for year-end consolidation (which includes over 50 entities) and footnotes for external audit.
- Prepares tax returns for supporting foundations and charitable trusts.
- Calculations of spending available from endowment funds, and fees due from such funds.
- Accounting for investment activity in various foundations
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting.
- 3+ years of accounting experience (3-6 years preferred)
- Proven ability to complete projects
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Developed knowledge of standard accounting practices.
- Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills preferred.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to read and interpret accounting reports, write reports, business correspondence.
- Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, and with intranet and internet usage.
- High attention to detail, follow-up, self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to function in a high volume, performance-oriented environment.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with public and staff in a personable and professional manner.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience in public accounting as an auditor or working in accounting with a non-profit organization
- Experience with tax return preparation, especially Form 990
- Experience with Financial Edge software (Helpful, not required)
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, in a pdf format, to .
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)