Accounts Payable Clerk
About the Accounts Payable Clerk position:
Under general supervision of the Assistant Managing Director of Business Operations, the Accounts Payable Clerk processes payments for all assigned accounts and creates payments to vendors. The A/P Clerk is also responsible for researching and resolving accounts payable related inquiries and supporting annual 1099 process.
- Codes and inputs vendor invoices into database for eventual payment.
- Cuts checks, prepares checks for signature, and prepares wires and inter-fund transfers.
- Stamps mail received and makes copies of invoices to distribute for approvals daily.
- Researches various accounts payable inquiries and resolves on a timely manner.
- Files copies of checks and supporting documentation in vendor files.
- Assists with completion of annual 1099s.
- Maintains W-9 files for all vendors.
- Files and processes all other work related materials regularly.
- Interacts professionally on a regular basis with staff and the general public.
- Provide cash for event boxes as needed.
- Reconcile Petty Cash with petty cash manager
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, and with internet use.
- High attention to detail, follow-up, self-motivated, well-organized, proactive and solution focused.
- Ability to maintain established record-keeping system and office procedures.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with public and staff in a personable and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently with general direction.
- Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience in Accounts Payable processing.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, in a pdf format, to .
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)