Administrative Assistant – Community Planning & Allocations
Administrative Assistant – Community Planning & Allocations:
The Community Planning and Allocations Department works with our partner agencies to ensure their strength and ability to meet present and future human service needs.
Under general supervision, this position provides administrative support for Young Family Engagement, Community Services, Access Jewish Cleveland, Community Options, and a variety of additional programming in the Planning and Allocations Departments, including behind-the-scenes assistance to ensure programming and services to the community run in an efficient manner.
- Sorts, routes and distributes mail, ensuring that documents requiring signatures are turned around in a timely fashion.
- Answers telephones, takes messages, refers callers to appropriate staff and/or answers their questions.
- Coordinates meeting and event logistics by: managing scheduling, communications, arranging logistics of the meetings/follow-up and preparation of meeeting material.
- Prepares correspondence, reports and documents as needed.
- Prepares and processes invoicing/expense reports for department.
- Maintains a comprehensive recordkeeping system and office procedures.
- Ensures complete and accurate data for all PJ Library subscriptions in the BBEC database as well as the Grinspoon Foundation enrollment dashboard.
- Interacts professionally on a regular basis with staff, lay leadership, and the general public.
- Provides general administrative support to (1) Manager of Young Family Engagement; (2) PJ Library Engagement Ambassadors; (3) Director of Community Services; (4) Senior Associate, Planning and Allocations; (5) Community Options staff; (6) Jewish Community Housing Staff; and (7) Chaplaincy.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
This position supports a variety of programming for Young Family Engagement (including PJ Library, and PJ Our Way); Community Services; and programming in the areas of Commission on Cemetery Preservation, Jewish Community Housing, Community Options, and Access Jewish Cleveland.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications and internet use.
- Ability to develop promotional materials and write business correspondence.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail, follow-up, self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Well-developed customer services skills.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with public and staff in a personable and professional manner.
- Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive and collegial attitude.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum two (2) years prior administrative assistant job experience.
- Associate's Degree a plus.
- Bookkeeping aptitude.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, in a pdf format, to .
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)