Administrative Assistant – Young Leadership Division
Administrative Assistant – Young Leadership Division:
The Young Leadership Division is responsible for implementing strategies that will create a vibrant and thriving community for young adults in Jewish Cleveland. Under minimal supervision, this position provides administrative support for the creation of a vibrant and thriving community for young adults in Jewish Cleveland. The YLD Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of Young Leadership Division and provides support for the YLD team.
- Provides the highest level of administrative support for assigned staff by prioritizing assignments, multi-tasking, and handling a high volume of work, ensuring quality is not compromised.
- Conducts queries for a variety of reports utilizing donor management software and Excel to create mailing lists, merge letters, and other reports as necessary.
- Ensures database records are maintained properly and conducts record clean-up regularly, sending updates to the Donor Services area as necessary.
- Coordinates meeting logistics by: managing scheduling, communications, arranging logistics of the meetings/ follow-up and ensuring all required materials are available as needed.
- Prepares correspondence, reports and documents as needed.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed.
- Interacts professionally on a regular basis with staff, donors and lay leadership.
- Answers telephones, refers callers to appropriate staff and/or answers their questions (i.e. event information, phone numbers, addresses).
- Extensive use of database technology for all aspects of event planning, mailings, and participant coding.
- Creates and maintains special donor groups' databases in BBEC (e.g. Ben-Gurion Society, YLD Board, YLD committees, missions).
- Miscellaneous event logistics and planning for a variety of YLD events throughout the year.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail, follow-up, self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Well-developed customer services skills.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with public and staff in a personable and professional manner.
- Maintain a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- Associate’s Degree a plus.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, in a pdf format, to .
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)