Assistant Supervisor, Kitchen Operations
About the Assistant Supervisor, Kitchen Operations:
Housed under the Building and Kitchen Operations Department, the Assistant Supervisor of Kitchen Operations plays a pivotal role for the Federation. Under the general supervision of and in collaboration with the Supervisor of Kitchen Operations, this position manages aspects of Kashrut food service at the Federation including purchasing food/supplies, food preparation, cooking, serving food and set-up/clean-up.
In Collaboration with the Supervisor of Kitchen Operations, the Assistant Supervisor, along with the Kitchen staff, is responsible for creating and sustaining a positive guest experience while ensuring the kitchen is running smoothly and safely. This position further collaborates with the Supervisor-Conference Center, Business Manager, and Supervisor of Building Operations to coordinate logistical aspects of events and with Federation staff to ensure the success of Federation events.
- Create a positive guest experience by delivering a high level of customer service.
- In collaboration with the Supervisor of Kitchen Operations, assist to identify and delegate responsibilities to kitchen staff to ensure objectives are met and excellent service is consistently achieved.
- Assist in managing the kitchen services to meet or exceed standards in food quality/tastiness, safety, cleanliness, and timeliness, in collaboration with the Supervisor of Kitchen Operations.
- Comply with all environmental and health board requirements.
- Ensure timely presentation of all scheduled meals.
- Purchase food and supplies needed to meet serving schedule.
- Maintain Kashrut standards for menu development, food handling, preparation and serving processes.
- Manage operations with passion, integrity, and knowledge while maintaining the culture and values of Kashrut standards.
- Manage costs related to food service in collaboration with the Supervisor of Kitchen Operations.
- Ensure conference rooms and kitchen are thoroughly cleaned after each meal, including washing dishes.
- Review aspects of kitchen operations and kitchen staff with the Supervisor of Kitchen Operations, on a consistent basis, to identify opportunities for improvement and address any problems or concerns.
- Interacts professionally on a regular basis with staff, vendors, donors, and the general public.
- Flexible work arrangements with availability on Fridays, evenings and weekends. Kitchen is closed late Friday afternoon through Saturday night, designated Jewish holidays and Passover. Hours will vary from week to week but will not exceed 20 hours/week on average.
Required Qualifications:Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Knowledge of safe food handling techniques, scheduling and menu planning.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office applications and scheduling software.
- Team building and organizational skills.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail, follow-up, self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with public and staff in a personable and professional manner.
- Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
- Proven knowledge of Kashrut standards and practices.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3-5 years’ experience in food service.
- Minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience.
- Associate Degree in Dietary Management or Vocational school training.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an institutional or commercial food service facility.
- Cuyahoga County Board of Health ServSafe: Food Safety Training and Certification.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, in a pdf format, to .