Bookkeeper / Operations Assistant
Bookkeeper / Operations Assistant Position:
Under general supervision of the Assistant Controller, is responsible for supporting the organization’s accounting functions and provides administrative support to the Fiscal Department and the Jewish Federation’s Conference Center.
The Bookkeeper/Operations Assistant is a full-time position and is part of a dedicated fiscal team. The ideal candidate has previous bookkeeping and administrative experiences.
- Performs data entry to record custodians’ investment activity, distributions from partnerships and daily wire activity.
- Maintains accounting and investment files and performs filing activities of wires and other documents as needed.
- Creates wires to fund capital calls and grant disbursements.
- Provides administrative support to department.
- Supports Conference Center and meeting room management systems.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
- Serves as backup for other department activities.
- 1-3 years of experience performing administrative or bookkeeping duties in business or accounting office.
- High school diploma or GED.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving abilities and effective communication skills.
- High attention to detail and follow-up.
- Self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Well-developed customer service skills.
- Team player attitude, and able to tactfully and effectively deal with staff and colleagues in personable and professional manner.
- Displays curiosity with passion for learning and development.
- Proven capability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Associate’s Degree
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and a link to your portfolio (required) to .
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)