Conference Center Assistant Building Operations
Conference Center Assistant Building Operations:
Under the general supervision of the Conference Center Supervisor, this position handles varying aspects of food presentation, set-up/clean-up of meetings, and room transitions for Federation meeting/events primarily Monday through Thursday in late afternoons and evenings based on weekly schedule.
- Performs food and drink preparation duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Works to ensure timely presentation of all scheduled food services.
- Works to maintain Kashrut standards for all food handling, preparation and serving processes.
- Sets up for meetings with placemats, paper products, drinks and pre-prepared food.
- At conclusion of event, breakdown of food service and removal of paper products from tables or counters. Items will be returned to pantry or disposed of properly.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding additional meeting requests and supply replenishment needs.
- Remains in conference center area in case of additional need by meeting hosts.
- Assists with basic audio visual technology and troubleshooting needs.
- Moves furniture or equipment for meeting room layouts as needed.
- Interacts professionally on a regular basis with staff, donors, and the general public.
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to be trained on pantry equipment, conference center audio visual technology, and proper use.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment with kitchen staff, Conference Center Supervisor and Director of Maintenance.
- High attention to detail, follow-up, self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with colleagues, staff, donors and general public in a personable and professional manner.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Maintain a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
Preferred Qualifications:Proven knowledge of Kashrut standards and practices.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, in a pdf format, to .
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)