About the Digital Designer Position:
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland is seeking a highly creative, technically skilled designer to be part of the Marketing & Communications Department. This position will involve layout and design work for mostly digital projects, but will involve some print work as well. The ideal candidate will have a multi-disciplinary approach to web design, with a strong sense for what makes both a good online experience and a good print layout, and a habit of looking at the wider context in which their work exists.
The Digital Designer will work closely with the Marketing & Communications team to expand and evolve existing Federation brand identity, update and enhance digital strategy and online presence, and ensure the Federation’s visual voice is consistent and engaging to target audiences. The position reports to the Lead Designer.
- Produce high-quality creative solutions for online marketing, focusing on but not limited to website design, email and social media campaigns.
- Be a creative collaborator, working with the rest of the department to generate innovative solutions that engage audiences.
- Manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Maintain high quality standards in proofreading and attention to detail.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Continual learner who enjoys "looking around the corner" and staying up to date on design and technology.
- Able to take a design brief and imagine a complete solution, as well as communicate those ideas.
- Able to accept and integrate feedback on strategies and designs.
- Strong understanding of responsive web design and commitment to providing an excellent user experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience working with HTML, CSS, CMS, and email platforms.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent visual and written communication skills.
- Experience working with data visualization tools.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other online analytic tools.
- 3-5 years-experience in web/digital design in a professional environment.
This position requires occasional availability outside of standard office hours during peak periods, as well as attendance at some organization sponsored events.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and a link to your portfolio (required) to .
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)