Manager, Data Stewardship and Research
About the Manager, Data Stewardship and Research position:
The Manager, Data Stewardship and Research reports to the Chief Information Officer and works as an integral member of the Federation’s IT team. The primary responsibilities include activities related to ensuring the highest quality of data possible in Federation’s Blackbaud enterprise CRM (BBEC), managing the organization’s constituent and prospect research functions.
The Manager, Data Stewardship and Research will oversee a team responsible for data input, data validation, data integrity, and data research functions of BBEC. In addition, the Manager, Data Stewardship and Research, will be responsible for designing and managing a BBEC data governance program, as well as overseeing a staff data education program. The Manager, Data Stewardship and Research will work in close collaboration with the application development team and donor operations team and be a key member of this multi-functional group responsible for the development, data management, and operational use of BBEC.
Data Stewardship & Governance
- Management and oversight of the Federation’s constituent demographic, contact, and engagement data to ensure the highest quality data exists in BBEC.
- Oversee data governance and integrity processes which help ensure the ongoing accuracy of the data.
- Manage the vetting, research, and application of all incoming data to BBEC.
- Create and maintain standards for data coding practices within BBEC.
- Oversee an ongoing staff education program for utilizing BBEC in an effective and appropriate manner.
- Oversee data research activities of the Federation.
- Design and implement a prospective donor research process and standard donor profiles in collaboration with the Federation’s development team.
Project Management, Planning, and Coordination
- Collaborate with the applications development team, data stewardship team, or other related teams on data quality, BBEC enhancement, and campaign related projects.
- Foster relationship with other departments to identify opportunities for improvements to BBEC data governance and integrity.
- Define and scope data improvement and cleanup projects.
- Create end to end project plans and provide project management oversight.
- Create and maintain documentation for all systems changes.
- Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, related field of study, or demonstrated work experience.
- Previous experience working with a complex fundraising, donor management, or enterprise CRM system.
- Supervisory experience, a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:This position requires a highly organized and detail-oriented individual able to work under multiple deadlines and supervisors.
- Demonstrated organization, problem-solving, troubleshooting and workflow skills.
- High level written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously while consistently meeting short deadline situations and maintaining composure.
- High attention to detail, follow-up, self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Strong customer service, exercising poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with diverse personalities.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, in a pdf format, to .
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)