About the Payroll Specialist position:
Under general supervision of CFO, ensures accurate processing and recording of Federation’s payroll, and provides timely and accurate financial information, including all related reports and journal entries.
- Prepares and processes bi‐monthly payroll.
- Prepares reports, reconciliations, and journal entries related to bi‐monthly payroll.
- Processes new employees and salary changes in the payroll system.
- Addresses issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors on a timely basis.
- Reviews payroll related invoices and distributes and approves expenses by entity.
- Maintains employee payroll files.
- Prepares census data for 403b and, Retirement Plan annually.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, and documents as needed.
- Interacts professionally on a regular basis with staff and vendors.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
- Prepares data transmissions for HSA and 403b plan deposits.
- Opens and distributes mail twice/week.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in payroll processing.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook and Excel and internet.
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality.
- Familiarity with legislation and regulations affecting payroll and related taxes.
- Demonstrated aptitude for new technology.
- Ability to maintain established recordkeeping system and office procedures.
- High attention to detail, follow‐up, self‐motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with staff and vendors in a personable and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently with general direction.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
- Willingness to schedule time off around payroll processing dates
- Excellent math skills
- Associate’s Degree
- Previous administrative and bookkeeping experience
- ADP Workforce Now experience, a plus.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, in a pdf format, to .
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)