Physical Security Systems Engineer
About the Physical Security Systems Engineer position:
The Physical Security Systems Engineer is responsible for a broad range of tasks related to the overall design, management, installation, maintenance, enhancement, optimization, and documentation of the electronic physical security and surveillance systems of the Jewish Federation of Cleveland and its beneficiary agencies.
The Engineer will work with the Community Security team to diagnose and resolve security system issues at Federation and various beneficiary agencies throughout the community, provide hands-on day-to-day support, and manage the implementation of security technology.
Essential Functions:Physical Security and Surveillance Systems Management
- Maintain an understanding of all parts of the Federation’s physical security and surveillance systems, and those of its beneficiary agencies.
- Manage external vendors that assist with the maintenance of systems.
- Respond to and resolve security system issues; escalating and managing the issue with external vendors or internal IT staff.
- Monitor and maintain system health.
- Ensure security systems are patched, up-to-date, and secure.
- Stay current on latest security technology and trends and make recommendations for potential use at the Federation and beneficiary agencies.
- Act as an advisor to the Federation’s Community Security team and beneficiary agencies on security related technology.
- Work closely with the service providers to evaluate recommendations and be a key member of the implementation team.
- Collaborate with the community security team, IT, and management to assess short and long-term security technology needs at Federation as well as its beneficiary agencies.
- Foster relationship with agency IT and identify opportunities for improved purchasing power.
- Define and scope major improvement and maintenance projects.
- Provide project management during all phases of security project lifecycle.
- Create end to end project plans.
- Create and maintain documentation for all relevant systems and changes.
- Provide technical input for RFPs and RFQs.
- Assist with additional non-security Federation network or systems engineering projects as needed.
- 10 years of experience managing or implementing physical security systems.
- Experience implementing or managing access control, intrusion detection, and video surveillance systems.
- Experience with IP camera devices and network video recorders.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking including switching, routing, VLANs, and wired/wireless connectivity.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows networking and Windows Server 2008 R2 or later, VMware, and Storage Area Networks (SANs).
- Project management experience and understanding of project management tools and methodologies.
- Experience with Genetec Security Center.
- Experience with hosted/cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Understanding of information security best practices.
- Experience managing security technology for distributed locations or in a shared service.
- Certifications in one or more of the following: Genetec Security Center, relevant physical security or Microsoft technologies, VMware, networking, or information security.
Education, Training and Qualities:
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization (both technical and non-technical).
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to approach work creatively.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deliver on time.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to perform after-hours and periodic weekend work.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, in a pdf format, to .
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)