Senior Specialist Donor Services
Senior Specialist Donor Services position:
The DONOR SERVICE OPERATIONS CENTER (DSOC) is responsible for general database maintenance and integrity, prospect research, support for development and campaign efforts, support for events, billing and acknowledgements and data entry.
The Senior Specialist, Donor Services is responsible for supporting all of the Donor Services Operation Center department activities. This position works closely with the Managing Director of Campaign Operations, IT Department, and staff to: (1) design and implement customized reporting to meet individual department needs; (2) design, plan, coordinate and implement staff trainings in BBEC software; (3) design policies and standardize procedures for the DSOC department, (4) strategize new and innovative ways to approach the work of the department; and (5) fill in for the Managing Director as needed.
- Conduct detailed and extensive internet research for the purpose of maintaining and updating donor database in the BBEC (Blackbaud) Donor Management System.
- Produce and maintain accurate records of Pledge and Payment Acknowledgment letters for annual and special campaigns, using the Marketing Acknowledgment process in BBEC and MS Word.
- Produce year-end tax letters.
- Create and maintain campaign teams in BBEC, and process solicitor assignments.
- Verify and reconcile daily, weekly and monthly integrity reports to maintain the highest level of accuracy in BBEC Donor Management System.
- Follow-through on requests made through the Donor Services mailbox ("Information Manager") regarding BBEC database changes/updates; notify appropriate staff upon completion; and oversee the mailbox when Managing Director is out of the office.
- Review all special billing codes and edit Top 50 and supplemental bills; organize and process the billing according to pre-set schedule: print and mail invoices; handle calls from donors regarding their accounts.
- Generate and mail November collection letters, and assist with other collections matters as needed.
- Provide new employee training; create and use standardized training documents.
- Active member of the campaign staff, liaising with the campaign team on a regular basis, providing guidance on next steps.
- Assist in the establishment of a comprehensive record-keeping system and office procedures for the Donor Services Dept.
- Process account updates as needed which include: assign campaign nodes, division changes, work history, demographic information and updates, and constituency change, including constituent update requests.
- Maintain and create codes for varying committees, groups, events and constituencies in BBEC.
- Provide support for Federation events, e.g. Super Sunday, Workers Rallies, Workers Kits, Lion of Judah events, annual meetings, CRC meetings, etc.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and documents as needed including "In Honor of" and "In Memory of" cards.
- Assist with and/or create solicitation mailings, ie Passover, Rosh Hashana, Chanukah and follow-up.
- Run reports from BBEC to support DSOC work.
- Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with database management and donor relations.
- Minimum three years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated experience with internet research.
- Proven ability to strategize and streamline processes
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail, follow-up, self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Strong customer service, exercising poise, tact and diplomacy, including exceptional telephone etiquette and style, while professionally handling confidential information.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, troubleshooting and workflow skills.
- Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
- Management skills and experience preferred.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, in a pdf format, to .
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)