Cousin Ziva’s Herbed Salmon
Salmon fillet – 4-6oz. per person (The salmon in the photo weighs 2.5# or 40oz.)
10 sprigs each of fresh parsley and cilantro, stems removed
5 fresh basil leaves
3-4 fresh mint leaves
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp. olive oil
¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place fish grill basket, if you have one, on baking sheet. (See photo.) If you don’t have a fish grill basket, you can simply bake the fish on the foil lined baking sheet. I like the basket because it enables a lot of the oil from the fish to drip onto the cookie sheet. Feel free to improvise with other equipment in your kitchen that will keep the fish elevated over the baking sheet to allow the oil to drip down. For instance, I have used an inverted pizza pan with holes placed over a cookie sheet, and that does the trick beautifully.
- Place the salmon on top of the grill basket.
- Place remaining ingredients in a small blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add a pinch more salt, if needed.
- Use a basting brush or the back of a spoon to spread the mixture on the fish.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes or to desired level of doneness.
- If needed, broil fish for 3-4 minutes to brown the top a bit.
- Allow the fish to rest at room temperature for a few minutes before serving so it can firm up.
Copyright Jewish Federation of Cleveland. All Rights Reserved.