Grilled Balsamic Baby Romaine Lettuce
4 Romaine hearts or baby romaine lettuce heads, 2 outer leaf layers removed and bottom end trimmed, if necessary
¼ c. balsamic vinegar
1 small clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp. olive oil
salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to burn off burn off charred remains, if needed. Brush grates well and lower heat to medium (about 400).
- Cut lettuce in half, lengthwise and rinse well, especially in between outermost layers.
- Place lettuce cut side down and allow to drain on paper towels while you make the marinade.
- Whisk together marinade ingredients.
- Pour or brush on both sides of lettuce heads.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Place cut side down on grill and turn every 3-4 minutes until desired level of doneness is reached.
Copyright Jewish Federation of Cleveland. All Rights Reserved.