Grilled Marinated Vegetable Skewers
1 Yellow squash
10-12 cherry tomatoes
1 pepper, any color
1 small eggplant
10-12 pearl onion, peel on
Or any vegetables of your choosing, such as mushrooms, brussel sprouts, fennel, red onion, etc…
Metal or wood shish-kebab skewers
6 oz. red wine vinegar
4 tbsp. olive oil
3 tsp. dry thyme
3 tsp. dry oregano
3 tsp. dry basil
1 small garlic clove, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to 400-450.
- Cut vegetables into evenly sized rounds, or chunks.
- Place in bowl.
- Mix marinade ingredients, and pour over vegetables.
- Allow vegetables to marinate, at least ½ hour.
- Place vegetables on skewers. *
- Place on grill and turn every 4 minutes or so, until vegetables are cooked through.
*I recommend metal skewers as the heated metal helps cook the veggies from the inside. If you are using wood skewers soak them in water for about an hour before skewering the veggies to prevent charring the skewer.
Copyright Jewish Federation of Cleveland. All Rights Reserved.