Not Your Bubbe's Kugel
2 onions, finely diced
4 tbsp. vegetable oil
8 zucchini, grated
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 and spray an 8” x 5” loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Sauté the onions in the oil on medium heat until they are very well cooked and brown. Stir occasionally.
- When the onions are cooked, add the grated zucchini and cook until the liquid evaporates. Remove from fire.
- Add the egg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Transfer to loaf pan and bake for about 90 minutes until kugel is browned.
Copyright Jewish Federation of Cleveland. All Rights Reserved.