Quinoa with Mushrooms, Spinach and Sun Dried Tomatoes
1 c. kosher for Passover quinoa
2 c. water
1 tbsp. olive oil
10 white mushrooms, sliced
3 c. fresh spinach
8 sun dried tomatoes, julienned
salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse quinoa in a mesh sieve and place in pot.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover pot and continue cooking for 14 minutes, or until all water is absorbed.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté until mushrooms are soft and shiny.
- Add spinach and continue to sauté, until spinach is completely wilted and water has evaporated.
- Place quinoa in a serving bowl and add spinach and mushroom mixture.
- Add sun dried tomatoes and mix well.
- Adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
*Note: If you cannot find Kosher for Passover Sun Dried Tomatoes, you can make your own the day before you prepare the dish:
8 whole tomatoes, halved and seeds removed
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and place tomato halves on it.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Place in a 200 degree oven for several hours or until desired texture is reached.
- Store in fridge until ready to use.
Copyright Jewish Federation of Cleveland. All Rights Reserved.