About the Business Manager position.
Under the supervision of the Federation’s Chief Financial Officer, The Business Manager will serve as a manager in the Fiscal department, overseeing personnel and other related needs of the fiscal department.
The Business Manager will be responsible for building and property management, risk management, budget management, contractor and vendor management, and other operational projects. This individual will be expected to work to create an atmosphere of mutual respect and support in the department. .
Essential Functions:1. Building and Property Management and Maintenance
- Oversees and supports facility operations for the Jewish Federation of Cleveland’s Jack Joseph and Morton Mandel building.
- Oversees and support facility operations for properties owned by Jewish Federation of Cleveland. This includes selling, renting, leasing, and property tax abatement for Federation’s Mandel building, three other buildings, and a portfolio of vacant real estate.
- Oversees and supports the cemetery operations of Federation, which includes managing seven local cemeteries and supervising the Cemetery Operations Manager.
- Responsible for oversight of the Jewish Federation of Cleveland Conference Center.
- Maintains Business Continuity Plan.
- Staffs Properties Committee, including facilities planning function for agency project proposals, and Capital Repair and Replacement loan program.
- Reviews insurance renewals, manages claims for Jewish Federation of Cleveland and agencies participating in central insurance program.
- Is primary liaison with insurance broker and independent risk management consultants.
- Provides education and training to agencies and staff regarding best practices.
- Conducts site visits at agencies that participate in the insurance program.
- Staff Risk Management Committee
- Responsible for drafting the annual operating budget for presentation to various committees for approval.
- Responsible for reviewing quarterly budget-to-actual reports and explaining performance to management and committees.
- Responsible for review of all contracts for Jewish Federation of Cleveland and partner agencies, along with CFO and/or Legal Team.
- Oversees vendor relations including cleaning crew.
- Collaboration with JFC Security LLC.
- Grant reporting for federal and state grants related to security.
- Provide information support to the other Federation departments for various programs.
- Perform such other tasks as requested by the CFO.
- Supervises four (4) direct reports, including building manager, kitchen supervisor, accounts payable specialist and conference center coordinator.
- Conducts annual reviews of direct reports.
- Participate in department management team meetings and provide leadership to department staff.
- Internal and external communication with lay leadership and community members.
- Participate in annual campaign activities, including managing lay leaders and solicitations.
- Provide education for department staff.
Qualifications:Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with internal and external business partners and employees.
- Confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Previous supervision experience.
- Ability to set priorities and maintain composure under stress. Results oriented.
- Ability to train, coach and motivate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn other relevant software systems and databases as needed.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
Education, Training and Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business.
- 5+ years of related professional experience.
- Knowledge of Basic Accounting.
- Experience working for a Jewish and/or nonprofit organization.
- Experience with Contract Review.
Working Conditions Work performed in a general office environment. May require availability for additional hours during peak periods. Requires periodic participation and attendance at organization-sponsored events and meetings.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, in a pdf format, to .
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)