Manager of Development Communications/Foundation Associate
Manager of Development Communications/Foundation Associate/ position:
Under the supervision of the Chief Development Officer, the Manager of Development Communications will be responsible for executing a comprehensive development communications plan that includes strategies for year-round donor stewardship, increasing fundraising revenue through securing external grants, and creating materials that clearly communicate Federation’s work in a donor centric tone. The Manager of Development Communications will draft, edit, and maintain all outgoing development communications with individual, corporate, and foundation donors, including foundation proposals and reports (both for use for supporting foundations and for applying for external grants), fundraising communications (appeals, impact reports), and personalized outreach to donors for cultivation and stewardship. This position will work closely with the Marketing Department to ensure that all efforts are integrated Federation-wide and fit in with the Federation brand and messaging.
As Associate for a well-known, large supporting Foundation, this position will assist the Senior Director with Grantee research and correspondence, grants management, foundation meeting preparation, support strategic initiatives, and other duties as assigned.
- Work closely with the President and all department heads to learn about current projects and develop descriptions for funding opportunities
- Work with marketing to create donor-centric Campaigner materials for annual Campaign and other fundraising materials
- Serve as the central hub for outgoing fundraising communications to ensure coherence of messaging and standardization per style guides and branding
- Draft foundation grant proposals and reports
- Draft letters of inquiry in search of new foundation donors
- Work in partnership with Development and Marketing teams on publications, including newsletters, legacy magazine, CJN articles
- Draft electronic and printed fundraising appeals
- Draft impact reports
- Provide assistance with one-time personalized communications to donors on behalf of the President and senior staff
- Work with the Marketing team to ensure fundraising language is inserted, where appropriate, into outgoing communications to non-donor audiences
- Create and maintain Development department annual communications calendar in coordination with marketing
- Communicate with supporting foundation grantees to conduct due diligence regarding potential grants
- Summarize grantee information about operations, programming, and funding needs
- Draft and edit grant descriptions and other materials in preparation for foundation meetings
- Support grants management, process improvement, and strategic initiatives
- Follow up on research and other requests from foundation leadership
- All other activities as directed by JFC President or Chief Development Officer.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organized and highly attentive to detail
- Ability to proof copy
- An understanding of and ability to articulate the accomplishments and goals of a complex organization
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and continuously update priorities
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, culture, and traditions
- Ability to read budgets and other financial documents
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with diverse population
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Established writer with at least 5 years of development communications experience
- Experience with Jewish communal work, fundraising and development, and non-profit organizations.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, and apply here.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)