Manager of Recruitment
Manager of Recruitment
The JFC’s Human Resources Development (HRD) Department, through the Mandel Leadership Excellence Center, strives to find the best and the brightest individuals and develop them to their highest potential. HRD fulfills this role for both volunteer leadership and professional staff. The HRD team, comprised of six staff members, collaboratively works to accomplish this mission and goals of the department. As such, we aim to train HRD staff in areas outside of their specific portfolios while expected to continue to deepen their skills within their respective areas of expertise.
For this position, JFC seeks a driven and passionate professional with a demonstrated ability to be a recruiting business partner at the organization. To this end, the professional in this role will be one who is proactive in building and maintaining a high-quality network of potential candidates. Similarly, this staff member will be able to actively manage a diverse talent pipeline so as to identify viable candidates as opportunities arise with minimal dependency on outside search firms.
The Manager of Recruitment will carry out the day-to-day duties of recruitment for all staff positions; oversee the Federation’s intern program; assist in the planning and implementing of professional development opportunities offered to staff, specifically Jewish learning opportunities; and fulfill other development responsibilities, including serving as the staff liaison for various annual awards recognizing community leaders. This role works to continually identify and implement HRD best practices and innovations to Federation to support our strong results-oriented, high-performing environment.
The position reports to the Senior Vice President of the Mandel Leadership Excellence Center.
- Recruit for all professional and administrative staff positions.
- Work with hiring managers and other members of the HRD team to ensure smooth handoff during the onboarding and orientation of new staff members.
- Coordinate, recruit for, and oversee internships at Federation.
- Work with national partners to build out strategies around networking, recruiting and developing the best and the brightest in the Jewish Communal Field.
- Partner with the Director of Talent Management to support the ongoing efforts of staff development, including designing, implementing, and evaluating the Jewish learning curriculum.
- Act as staff liaison for our Young Leadership Awards, Gries Award for Community Leadership and Eisenman Award for Exceptional Civic Contributions. Direct nomination, selection, and award presentation processes.
- Federation staff members have additional development assignments as appropriate for their position. In the HRD department, this may take on the form of relationship building with lay and agency leadership, and providing a consulting role to partner agencies – for strategic planning, search processes, board and staff retreats, and specific HR related issues that arise.
- 10% of the position is allocated to an annual campaign assignment; this may include, but is not limited to, providing staff support to a group of solicitors, and participating in regular campaign meetings and events, as determined by the Campaign Director.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrated strong interviewing, facilitation, presentation, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data and information.
- Ability to understand organization and department operations and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professional integrity, with an ability to inspire confidence and cooperation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of and/or experience in the Jewish community, and Jewish culture and traditions.
- Proficiency in computer software skills (MS Office applications).
- An experienced relationship manager and effective networker.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, required, in Human Resources or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources management with a track record of accomplishments and progression; experience with a marketing-minded approach to recruiting preferred.
- HRIS and/or Blackbaud CRM experience preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, and apply here.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)