Security Technology Manager
About the Security Technology Manager position.
The Security Technology Manager is responsible for the oversight, project execution, and ongoing management of the physical security technology of the Jewish Federation of Cleveland. The Manager will provide project management, coordination of team members and third-party vendors, and oversight of requirement gathering, vendor selection, installation, maintenance, enhancement, optimization, and documentation of the security technology. The Manager will work directly with the Federation Security team to manage projects and issue resolution to completion. The position reports to Director, IT Operations. Preferred candidates are excellent communicators and problem-solvers, continuous learners, possess a strong work ethic, and have experience implementing and managing complex technology projects and systems.
Essential Functions:Physical Security and Surveillance Systems Management
- Maintain a strong understanding of all parts of the Federation’s security technology, and those of its beneficiary agencies.
- Lead the implementation of new security technology including cameras, access control, emergency alerting, alarm systems, etc.
- Work closely with internal IT staff and third-party vendors to ensure successful deployment of the security technology.
- Manage third-party vendors during the implementation and maintenance of systems, holding them accountable to agreed upon timelines and specifications.
- Respond to and escalate security system issues with third-party vendors or internal IT staff, managing issues to completion.
- Work with third-party vendors or internal IT staff to ensure security technology remains patched, up-to-date, and secure.
- Manage project phases, coordinate and drive communication, facilitate decisions and follow through on the execution of projects.
- Provide project management during all phases of security project lifecycle including creation of end to end project plans.
- Create and maintain documentation for all relevant systems and changes.
- Develop RFPs and RFQs for security technology projects.
- Foster relationship with agency IT and identify opportunities for improved purchasing power.
- Assist with management of non-security Federation projects as needed.
- Stay current on latest security technology and trends and make recommendations for potential use at the Federation and beneficiary agencies.
- Act as an advisor to assess short and long-term security technology needs as well as vendor recommendations for Federation and beneficiary agencies.
- 5+ years of experience managing or implementing complex technology or security systems.
- Demonstrated project management experience and understanding of project management tools and methodologies.
- Experience implementing or managing security technology systems including access control, intrusion detection, and video surveillance systems.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking including switching, routing, VLANs, and wired/wireless connectivity.
- Understanding of Windows networking and latest Windows Server environments.
- Experience with Genetec Security Center.
- Experience with hosted/cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Understanding of information security best practices.
- Experience managing security technology for distributed locations or in a shared service.
- Certifications in one or more of the following: Project Management Methodologies, Relevant physical security or Microsoft technologies, VMware, networking, or information security.
Education, Training and Qualities:
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization (both technical and non-technical).
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to approach work creatively.
- Ability to handle aggressive deadlines, juggle multiple responsibilities, and address problems and solve them with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to perform after-hours and periodic weekend work.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, in a pdf format, to .
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)