Senior Accountant, Foundation
About the Senior Accountant, Foundation position:
The Senior Accountant for the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Supporting Foundation (MSF) is responsible for the accounting of daily activity and preparation of interim and annual financial reports and tax returns, as well as daily operations and internal controls.
The MSF Senior Accountant position is full-time and reports to the Senior Director of Accounting & Financial Reporting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares periodic financial reports for presentations to foundation trustees and internal financials for inclusion in quarterly reports required by banks.
- Assists with the annual external audit process, including preparation of annual financial statements and annual tax filings.
- Performs cash management activities for foundation accounts.
- Prepares and reviews journal entries to account for investment activity for a large and complex investment portfolio.
- Assists with grant processing and accounting for MSF.
- Prepares materials for and records minutes for MSF Investment and Audit Committee meetings.
- Reviews subscription documents and other investment-related legal correspondence and records and facilitates new investments and liquidations.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications:Education, Training and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in accounting required.
- At least 3 years work experience in public accounting positions required.
- Developed knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills preferred.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to read and interpret accounting reports, draft reports, business correspondence.
- Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- High degree of confidence with technology and experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
- High attention to detail, follow-up, self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to function in a high volume, performance-oriented environment.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with colleagues and the general public in a personable and professional manner.
- Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”) or CPA eligible preferred.
- Experience in public accounting as an auditor or working in accounting with a non-profit organization preferred.
- Experience with tax return preparation, especially Form 990 preferred.
- Experience with Financial Edge software a plus.
About the Federation:
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland is the only organization in Cleveland that focuses on the health and vitality of the entire Jewish community. For more than 115 years, the Federation has created the critical scale necessary to drive meaningful social change and provide relief in times of crisis in ways no one person or organization could do alone. As Jewish Cleveland’s hub for innovative solutions and collaborative services, the Federation is able to change and improve lives in Cleveland, Israel, and around the world.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, and apply here.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)