Young Leadership Division Director
Young Leadership Division Director
The Young Leadership Division Director is responsible for identifying and implementing strategies that will create and sustain a vibrant and thriving community for young adults in Jewish Cleveland. The Young Leadership Division Director will supervise the Young Leadership Division staff team and assume responsibility for deepening engagement of young adults in Jewish life through social, volunteer, leadership development, and philanthropic opportunities.
Serving as part of our Campaign team, the ideal candidate for this position will have great interpersonal and relationship building skills, is a creative and strategic thinker, and results driven. This unique position offers the opportunity to contribute in an impactful way to all aspects of the work with the young adult population (20’s-40’s).
Essential Functions of the Young Leadership Division Director:
- Direct outreach efforts that connect young adults to opportunities within the Young Leadership Division, Federation, and community.
- Set benchmarks for the Young Leadership Division, including fundraising objectives, and drive staff to achieve measurable outcomes.
- Partner with the Young Leadership Division Chair and Young Leadership Division board members to oversee key areas of focus, including leadership development, philanthropy, hands-on volunteering, outreach, and travel opportunities.
- Supervise Young Leadership Division staff; conduct annual and mid-year performance evaluations.
- Solicit prospects for the Campaign for Jewish Needs and oversee portfolio of volunteer campaigners.
- Oversee coordination of all Young Leadership Division events and activities.
- Assume a key role in the Development Department’s Annual Campaign Management Team.
- Nurture collaboration among Federation staff members who engage young adults in the organization’s work.
- Oversee Young Leadership Division staff effort to build and maintain relationships with young professional organizational partners.
- Take responsibility for tasks and initiatives within the department as assigned by the Senior Director of Campaign.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with other Jewish young professional groups in Cleveland to help foster collaboration between groups.
- Manage the Young Leadership Division budget as it pertains to events, YLD staff reimbursements, and the YLD Microgrant Program.
- Work in collaboration with Federation’s Marketing team to create meaningful content for the YLD social media accounts. Be an active user of these accounts, monitoring the pages for opportunities to create and deepen connections with Jewish young adults in Cleveland and those who connect with Cleveland.
- Serve as the lead staff person responsible for the Ben-Gurion Society (Federation’s giving society for young adults).
- Strong Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Proactive and solution-focused
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Results driven
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- High emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated experience supervising others
- Experience with budget management
- Event planning skills
- Working knowledge of and/or experience in the Jewish community, and Jewish culture and tradition
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Nonprofit fundraising experience preferred
About the Federation:
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland is the only organization in Cleveland that focuses on the health and vitality of the entire Jewish community. For more than 115 years, the Federation has created the critical scale necessary to drive meaningful social change and provide relief in times of crisis in ways no one person or organization could do alone. As Jewish Cleveland’s hub for innovative solutions and collaborative services, the Federation is able to change and improve lives in Cleveland, Israel, and around the world.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, and apply here.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)