Grandma Ruti's Fish
See full post
4 filets of salmon or firm flesh white fish, like sea bass
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. paprika
salt to taste
1/3 c. water
1 red pepper, cut into strips
1 lemon, cut into 1/3” slices
pinch of hot red chili (optional)
½ bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled
- Heat olive oil in a pan large and deep enough to hold fish and add paprika and salt.
- When spices are heated through and fragrant, add water and mix with a spoon to spread spices evenly through the water.
- Place the pepper strips and lemon slices in the pan. Cook for a few minutes until they begin to soften.
- Place fish filets on the lemon and pepper and sprinkle with salt.
- Add water, if needed so that bottom 1/3 of fish is covered by water.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat to simmer.
- Sprinkle each filet with cilantro and add garlic cloves to the pan.
- Cook on low until fish is well done and garlic is soft, about 30 minutes.
Copyright Jewish Federation of Cleveland. All Rights Reserved.