How does is work?
Is it important to you that your children and grandchildren share the philanthropic values that you have modeled for them? Do they understand the motivations and connections underlying your volunteerism and philanthropy? We help you and your family:
- Share family stories, history and role models that shape your identity and behavior;
- Explore the values and priorities that guide your philanthropic and volunteer choices;
- Work across generations to increase mutual understanding;
- Articulate the change you would like to see in the world.
Our trained professionals customize support and process for you and your family on this journey including facilitating meetings, dynamic and interactive exercises, logistics, mission statements, site visits and grant making.
What are the benefits?
Legacy is more than passing on valuables, it is sharing values. Engaging the next generations in collaborative family philanthropy:
- Infuses values and a shared experience into the family’s finances;
- Provides families a platform for mutual respect and collaboration;
- Creates an environment where a family can set philanthropic goals and priorities consistent with a family mission;
- Enhances relationships and the preservation of wealth in following generations.
Ultimately, getting the conversation started can help prepare the next generations for their future roles and responsibilities as they inherit valuables and values.