Cash Accounting Specialist
About the Cash Accounting Specialist position:
Under general supervision of Assistant Controller, the Cash Accounting Specialist processes payments for all assigned accounts and prepares bank deposits as needed.
The Cash Accounting Specialist is a full-time position working 40 hours a week, reports to the Assistant Controller and is part of a dedicated fiscal team. The ideal candidate has previous accounts receivable experience and a familiarity with bookkeeping and accounting procedures.
- Records all lockbox deposits and mail deposits daily.
- Applies payments to donor’s pledge accounts.
- Researches payment related questions.
- Processes credit card payments and credits as needed.
- Prepares daily report of web credit card transactions and reconciles to Web Processor report.
- Prepares Journal entries and applies payments for Web Transactions.
- Prepares adjustments to donor accounts as needed.
- Prepares routine journal entries.
- Prepares weekly collection report.
- Prepares account reconciliations as needed.
- Prepares excel import to CRM system.
- Files and processes all work related materials regularly.
- Interacts professionally on a regular basis with staff.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in an office environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, with internet use.
- High attention to detail, follow-up, self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Ability to maintain established record-keeping system and office procedures.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with staff in a personable and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently with general direction.
- Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
- Ability to manage high volumes of work at peak times of year.
- Associate’s Degree
- 3 years in accounting or bookkeeping position
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, in a pdf format, to .
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)