Ideas for Year-End Giving
- Share This Story
There’s still time to help the Jewish Cleveland community – and perhaps yourself, too – in 2018!
GIFTS OF APPRECIATED SECURITIES:
- Transfer stock to the Federation from your brokerage account
- Apply your donation to pay a campaign pledge, add to a donor advised fund, or create a new one
- Generate an immediate tax deduction
- Avoid capital gains taxes
IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER:
- Satisfies your annual required minimum distribution, or RMD, up to $100,000
- Allows you to give from pre-tax assets and your distribution is exluded from taxable income
- It's easy – just notify your IRA custodian
DONOR ADVISED FUNDS:
- Donate cash, securities, or other property to the Federation to establish a donor advised fund
- The Federation invests the fund's assets and processes grant recommendations to qualified charities
- "Bundle" your giving for maximum tax savings
- The fund you establish is at your fingertips with our online portal
- Minimum fee waived for donors under age 45
CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITIES:
- Increase lifetime income
- Receive partially tax-free payments
- Bypass some capital gains on gifts of appreciated assets, such as stock
- Receive a substantial income tax deduction
- Gift annuity payments are based on the age of the annuitants – the older you are, the higher the rate and the more you will receive
Have you included the Federation in your estate plan? If so, please let us know so we can thank you and make sure we know your wishes. If you haven't, contact us to start the conversation. We can help you Create Your Jewish Legacy.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Please contact Carol F. Wolf at 216-593-2805 or email@example.com. All inquiries are confidential.
Thank you for your support at year-end and throughout the year.
This material is presented for informative purposes only and should not be construed as legal, tax, or financial advice. When considering gift planning strategies and year-end gift opportunities, you should always consult with your own legal, tax, or financial advisors.
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland (license # CH22328) is registered to solicit charitable donations within Florida and provides disclosure as required by Chapter 496 of the Florida Solicitation of Contributions Act as follows:
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE OR BY VISITING WWW.800HELPFLA.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”