Accepting Nominations: Gries Family Award for Community Leadership
- Share This Story
We invite you to help us select the next recipient of the Gries Family Award for Community Leadership. The Gries family created this award based upon the belief “that the strength of the Cleveland Jewish community will be greatly enhanced by programs, projects and leadership which value with equal fervor the building and providing of service to our Federation and the general Greater Cleveland community in which we reside.” The Gries Awardee each year is someone who has “demonstrated leadership in Federation activities as well as significant leadership in Greater Cleveland’s general community.”
Nominees may be Jewish men or women, of any age, and should meet the following criteria:
- Volunteer involvement at a top leadership level such as Board chair, officer or committee chair in organizations in both the Jewish and general communities
- Specific impactful volunteer involvement:
- In the Jewish Federation and partner agencies or other local Jewish organizations
- In the general community in the nonprofit or public sector in areas such as education, health, human service, and arts and culture
- Demonstrating the importance of improving and bringing together both the Jewish and general communities through his or her leadership
- Demonstration of innovation in leadership
- Eisenman Award winners are not eligible for the Gries Family Award for Community Leadership
The Awardee will receive a monetary award to be given to one or more qualified not-for-profit organizations selected by the Awardee and given in his or her honor. To educate others about the importance of leadership involvement in both the Jewish and general communities, the award winner will also speak to community groups throughout the year.
To submit a nomination, please complete the application by Friday, April 7, 2017. If you have questions, please contact Naomi Fein, Lay and Professional Recruitment Manager, Human Resources Development, at the Federation (216) 593-2820 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of past recipients, click here.