Now Accepting Nominations: Mandel Symposium
- Share This Story
We need your input! Help identify Cleveland’s emerging Jewish leaders for the 2017 Mandel Symposium, one of the premier leadership development programs of the Jewish Federation of Cleveland.
The Mandel Symposium, an “issues based” leadership course, seeks to engage, educate, and empower our community’s emerging leaders. The Mandel Symposium is geared for individuals who are at the beginning of their leadership path – individuals who have shown a commitment to our community and have shown potential to move into leadership roles.
Here’s how you can help. Please take a moment to consider who you know who may be qualified and interested, and nominate them for the attached Mandel Symposium by completing a nomination form (one form per candidate). The information you provide will be extremely valuable as the Mandel Symposium Selection Committee embarks on its work.
Nominations may be completed online, faxed to 216-593-2901, or emailed to Jill Pupa (email@example.com), Federation’s Director of Leadership Engagement, by Monday, November 14. For more information, please contact Jill at 216-593-2888.
Thank you for helping to ensure the vitality of our vibrant Cleveland Jewish community!
Please Note: Although there is no age limit for the Symposium, the age range generally falls from late 20’s to mid 40’s.
2017 Mandel Symposium participants will:
- Learn from local and national experts about issues facing our community
- Build peer relationships to become part of the network of informed, next generation Jewish leaders
- Participate in hands-on experiences showing how community dollars help those in need at all stages of life
- Develop new insights on leadership, Jewish identity, community, and continuity
In an environment designed to foster interactivity between high-level presenters and peers, you will learn about issues facing our local, national and worldwide Jewish communities. Sessions in past Symposia have explored:
- Jewish Continuity & Community Planning
- Building Our Collective Jewish Home: A Look at Federation Agencies
- Strengthening Our Connection to Our Brothers and Sisters: Israel and Overseas
- Impacting Our Collective Cleveland Community
- Where We’re Going: The Challenges of Funding a Jewish Community –Philanthropy & Allocations
Sessions meet approximately every 3-4 weeks
February – July, 2017
6:00 – 9:30pm, including kosher dinner
For more information, please contact Jill Pupa, Director of Leadership Engagement, at 216-593-2888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greg Marcus & Dara Yanowitz, Co-Chairs