What to Expect at IsraelFest! on May 6
- Share This Story
We look forward to seeing you at IsraelFest! on Sunday, May 6! Here are reminders for the event:
- Plenty of free parking available at Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage, The Temple-Tifereth Israel, Mandel Jewish Day School, Fuchs Mizrachi School, Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation Hospital, and Mandel JCC (limited to Mandel JCC members only).
- Strollers are permitted and encouraged
- Families with children of ALL AGES are encouraged to attend this free event!
- Schedule of Events:
12:00 – 1:00 pm Funk A Deli Performance
1:00 – 2:00 pm Dance Israeli! Performance featuring students from Mandel JDS
2:00 – 3:00 pm Funk A Deli Performance
3:00 – 5:00 pm Dance Israeli! Workshop for Families and Open Dance
12:30 – 2:30 pm Dr. Awesome Bubbles
1:00 – 2:00 pm Special Appearance by Cleveland Indians Mascot Slider
1:30 – 3:30 pm Airbrush Face Painting
2:00 – 4:00 pm Flower Clown Balloon Twisting
- Food Vendors Include:
All City Candy
Ben and Jerry’s
- All entrants must go through security
- The following are not permitted:
- Large purses or backpacks
- Sharp objects or weapons
Watch a video below from Co-Chairs Kerry and Daryl Kertesz about why you should attend our first-ever IsraelFest!
Main Stage Performers
Established in 2006, Dance Israeli! captures the excitement and flavor of Israeli dance and brings it to live audiences in Northeast Ohio. Delivering a fresh folk-based approach to performance, this professional group delivers Israeli culture with every step!
For three decades, Funk A Deli (formerly Yiddishe Cup), led by clarinet/sax player Bert Stratton, has been entertaining audiences with a lively assortment of klezmer and other traditional Jewish music, fused with the very best of R&B and soul. Their repertoire will be sure to have you dancing away!
IsraelFest! Site Map
Photos from Previous Yom Ha'atzmaut Events
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland is grateful for the support from our sponsors:
Bobby Goldberg, Roe Green, David and Inez Myers Foundation, Charles and Ilana Horowitz Ratner, Albert and Audrey Ratner, and Dan and Ellen Zelman Family Foundation