About the Accountant position:
This position performs day-to-day accounting and prepares interim and annual financial reports and tax returns for endowment funds, supporting foundations and trusts as well as assists in the daily operation of the Accounting and Finance department. This position is full-time and reports to the Senior Director of Finance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs accounting for daily activity including investments.
- Prepares periodic financial reports for endowment funds, charitable trusts and supporting foundations, including, for example, reports for presentation to foundation trustees, or internal financials for inclusion in quarterly reports required by banks.
- Prepares schedules for year-end consolidation and footnotes for external audit; assist with tax preparation for Federation’s 990.
- Prepares tax returns for supporting foundations and charitable trusts.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications:Education, Training and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Developed knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to assemble, read, and interpret accounting reports.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously, and consistently meet deadlines.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- High attention to detail, follow-up, self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to function in a high volume, performance-oriented environment.
- Certified Public Accountant ("CPA") or CPA eligible.
- Experience in public accounting as an auditor or working in accounting with a non-profit organization.
- Experience with tax return preparation, especially Form 990.
About the Federation:
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland is the only organization in Cleveland that focuses on the health and vitality of the entire Jewish community. For more than 115 years, the Federation has created the critical scale necessary to drive meaningful social change and provide relief in times of crisis in ways no one person or organization could do alone. As Jewish Cleveland’s hub for innovative solutions and collaborative services, the Federation is able to change and improve lives in Cleveland, Israel, and around the world.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, and apply here.
- Affordable medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick days
- 403(b) plan
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- Wellness programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)