Cash Accounting Specialist
Cash Accounting Specialist:
The Cash Accounting Specialist handles a variety of tasks related to donor pledge payments. The primary duties of this position are the payment application to donor pledges, account adjustments, journal entries, and collection reports. This position is responsible for cash application, credit card processing, refunds, lockbox interfaces, daily cash deposits and other cash duties, and performs special projects as needed.
This position is full time and reports to the Senior Director of Tax.
- Records all lockbox deposits and mail deposits daily.
- Applies payments to donor’s pledge accounts.
- Researches payment related questions.
- Processes credit card payments and credits as needed.
- Prepares daily report of web credit card transactions and reconciles to Web Processor report.
- Prepares Journal entries and applies payments for Web Transactions.
- Prepares adjustments to donor accounts as needed.
- Prepares routine journal entries.
- Prepares weekly collection report.
- Prepares account reconciliations as needed.
- Prepares Excel import to CRM system.
- Files and processes all work related materials regularly.
- Interacts professionally on a regular basis with staff.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in an office environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, with internet use.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, specifically knowledge in editing and manipulating documents.
- High attention to detail, follow-up, self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Ability to maintain established record-keeping system and office procedures.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with staff tactfully and effectively in a personable and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently with general direction.
- Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
- Ability to manage high volumes of work at peak times of year.
- Associates degree in business preferred.
- 3 years previous experience in accounting or bookkeeping a plus.
About the Federation:
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland is the only organization in Cleveland that focuses on the health and vitality of the entire Jewish community. For more than 115 years, the Federation has created the critical scale necessary to drive meaningful social change and provide relief in times of crisis in ways no one person or organization could do alone. As Jewish Cleveland’s hub for innovative solutions and collaborative services, the Federation is able to change and improve lives in Cleveland, Israel, and around the world.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter, and apply here.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)