Announcing the YLD Microgrant Program Recipients
- Share This Story
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland announced today its fourth cohort of Young Leadership Division (YLD) Microgrant Program recipients. With the YLD Microgrant Program, YLD hopes to create a thriving, vibrant Jewish Cleveland young adult community by empowering individuals or groups to create, plan, and host experiences for Jewish Clevelanders (ages 22-45).
YLD Microgrant Program recipients may receive up to $1,000 to support their projects per calendar year. YLD Microgrant Program funding is available twice annually, with applications due in July and December.
“Since its inception in 2017, the Microgrant Program has enabled young Jewish Clevelanders to imagine and create personalized events and meaningful experiences for their peers,” said Dayna Orlean, YLD Board Chair. “The YLD Board and I are proud to see that these YLD Microgrants are furthering the passions of community members by offering a diverse range of programming that reach a significant number of young adults in Jewish Cleveland.”
December 2018 YLD Microgrant Program Recipients:
- Aaron Wolkoff of Beachwood, representing B’nai Jeshurun Congregation’s BJ Atid, will host Shabbat dinners for the synagogue’s 20s and 30s group.
- Ali Stern of University Heights, representing Cleveland Partnership Minyan, will host youth educational programming throughout the year.
- Blair Gorenberg of Downtown Cleveland, representing Moishe House Cleveland, will host “Torah on Tap.”
- Yael Amitz-Lev Sperber of Orange, representing ORT Next Gen, will host a “Welcome to ORT Ohio Next Gen Party.”
- Rosalynne Sommer and Shawn Fink of University Heights, representing Green Road Synagogue Kesher, will host a Pre-Shavuot Shabbat Lunch.