Ideas for Year End Giving
- Share This Story
Your gift to the Jewish Federation of Cleveland provides meaningful support to those in need in Cleveland and around the world. Your gift may also provide tax savings. Learn more below:
GIFTS OF APPRECIATED STOCK
- Transfer stock held for more than one year to the Federation from your brokerage account
- Apply your donation to pay a campaign pledge, add to a donor advised fund, or create a new one
- Avoid capital gains taxes
- Generate an immediate tax deduction if you itemize
To contribute appreciated securities, contact Kari Blumenthal at email@example.com or 216-593-2893 for information.
IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER:
- Even if you do not take your required minimum distribution (RMD) in 2020, you may still distribute up to $100,000 tax free directly to the Federation or another public charity
- Use the distribution to pay a campaign pledge or create an endowment
- Applies to persons 70½ and older
- Allows you to give from pre-tax assets and your distribution is excluded from taxable income even if you do not itemize
- It's easy – just notify your IRA custodian
DONOR ADVISED FUNDS:
- Donate cash, securities, or other property to the Federation to establish a donor advised fund
- The Federation invests the fund's assets and processes grant recommendations to qualified charities
- If you itemize, you can "bundle" your giving for maximum tax savings
- The fund you establish is at your fingertips with our online portal
- Minimum fee waived for donors under age 45
CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITIES:
- Increase lifetime income
- Receive partially tax-free payments
- Bypass some capital gains on gifts of appreciated assets held for more than one year, such as stock
- Receive a substantial income tax deduction if you itemize
- Gift annuity payments are based on the age of the annuitants – the older you are, the higher the rate and the more you will receive
Have you included the Federation in your estate plan? If so, please let us know so we can thank you and make sure we know your wishes. If you haven't, contact us to start the conversation. We can help you Create Your Jewish Legacy.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Please contact Carol F. Wolf at 216-593-2805 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries are confidential.
Thank you for your support at year-end and throughout the year.
This material is presented for informative purposes only and should not be construed as legal, tax, or financial advice. When considering gift planning strategies and year-end gift opportunities, you should always consult with your own legal, tax, or financial advisors.
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland (license # CH22328) is registered to solicit charitable donations within Florida and provides disclosure as required by Chapter 496 of the Florida Solicitation of Contributions Act as follows:
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE OR BY VISITING WWW.800HELPFLA.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”