Lehava Leadership Group Comes to Cleveland
- Share This Story
Twenty-four young professionals from our sister city of St. Petersburg, Russia visited Cleveland from July 22 – 27 as part of the Lehava Leadership Program. Together, we shared experiences and insights that helped our guests better understand the essential components of our Cleveland Jewish community and the importance of shared values, communal decision-making, and social responsibility.
- Home hospitality experiences with strangers who became family.
- A scavenger hunt through Jewish Cleveland, visiting 12 sites and interviewing staff, volunteers, and program participants.
- Participating in Jewish identity team-building exercises with Rabbi Shana Nyer and 8th grade campers at Camp Wise.
- Learning the importance of building consensus with Judge Dan Polster.
- A Happy Hour with more than 50 Young Leadership Division (YLD) participants at Backyard Bocce in The Flats
- An interactive breakfast reception with American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC) staff, St. Petersburg Subcommittee, Overseas Connections Committee (OCC) and Allocations Committee Members.
- “Sweet conversation” with Federation staff.
- Small group discussions with Federation’s Board of Trustees.
- “Dinner with Doers”– an opportunity to engage in meaningful dialogue with other young professionals.
- “Coffee talk” with 12 professionals willing to offer subject matter expertise on Lehava participants’ social entrepreneurial projects.
- Volunteering with Jewish Family Service Association (JFSA)'s Horvitz YouthAbility and visiting seniors at Montefiore.
- Visiting Mandel JCC’s Playmakers’ Youth Theater and hearing from Mandel JCC Board Members about their Jewish journeys and leadership roles.
- Learning about healthy relationships and JFSA’s Know Abuse program, and so much more!
“Spah-see-boh!” Thanks to all who participated in this week!
View photos from their visit on Facebook now. >>>
For more information or to get involved, please contact Kelly at 216-593-2865 or firstname.lastname@example.org.