Recipes: Feed Cleveland Families with Your Favorite Casserole/Lasagne Recipe Recipe
Help feed Cleveland families at-risk for hunger with your favorite casserole/lasagne recipe!
- Start making your favorite casserole/comfort food in an aluminum foil pan(s) now
- Place the provided label listing key ingredients or common allergens on the top
- Freeze your casserole(s)
- On Sunday, April 18, drop off your frozen casserole to the Jewish Federation anytime between 10 am – 2 pm
- Volunteers will take the casseroles to local organizations that support families and individuals in need
See recipe ideas below!
Due to COVID-19, volunteers are encouraged to take extra precautions in preparing these meals. Please wash your hands and clean all surfaces before preparing the meals. Wear gloves and masks while preparing the meals.
1 lb ziti, cooked and drained
15 oz. ricotta cheese
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, divided
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- In large bowl mix ricotta, mozzarella, egg, salt, pepper, and 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce.
- Gently fold in ziti and stir until well coated.
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the 13x9 inch casserole tin.
- Pour ziti mixture evenly into dish, top with remaining 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until macaroni is heated throughout. Sauce should be bubbly and top of macaroni should be lightly browned.
1/2 qt. spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 tsp. oregano
6 cooked lasagna noodles
1 (16 oz.) container ricotta cheese
1 (16 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Mix carrots, oregano, and spaghetti sauce together.
- Mix ricotta, spinach, and eggs together in a separate bowl.
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Layer 3 lasagna noodles, 1/2 remaining sauce, 1/2 ricotta mixture, 1/2 sliced zucchini, 1/2 sliced mushrooms, 1/2 mozzarella, and 1/2 parmesan.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for about 45 minutes.
Healthy Ground Meat and Bean Casserole
2 pounds of ground meat (beef or turkey)
1 pound elbow macaroni (or any other shape)
1 can beans, drained and rinsed (great northern or black or red or any other bean)
1 jar marinara (or 28 oz can or any flavor of tomato based sauce)
1 onion chopped
2-3 carrots chopped
2 stalks of celery chopped
1-2 cups frozen peas or any mixed vegetable
- Boil large pot of water and cook pasta according to package directions, then drain.
- Saute onion, celery, and carrots in 1 tbsp olive oil in large skillet.
- When onion starts to brown, add ground meat and cook until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and add jar of sauce.
- Divide mixture into two 9x13 inch pans and bake for 30-45 minutes and 350 degrees.